You might have wondered why your internet is running slow, even tough you recently upgraded your internet connection or you already have a fast internet connection. With this simple tweak you can speed up your internet by 20 %.
Actually, Microsoft reserves 20% of your bandwidth for windows related stuff like windows updates, troubleshoot reports etc. The tweak is that you just have to set the bandwidth for windows to 0% and your internet would definitely speed up.
Follow these simple steps to speed up internet by 20%:
- Go to RUN then type “gpedit.msc” and press enter
- then open computer configuration
- Open Administrative Templates
- Open Network
- Open QOS Packet Scheduler
- Here open the file “Limit Reservable Bandwidth” by double clicking on it.
see also: Laptop troubleshooting
- Here you would see that the “disabled” option would be checked but it is by default set to 20% even when disabled as you can read in the above snapshot. You just have to check the “Enable” option and set the bandwidth limit to 0%, which would speed up internet and ensure that you utilize 100% of your bandwidth for yourself and not for windows. This is a pretty helpful tweak for those who have slow internet connections.
Article Tags:bandwidth · broadband · gpedit.msc · internet · run command · speed up · used · Vista · Windows · windows 7