It is really nice to see local businesses in Pakistan finally launch some mobile applications. PTCL has recently launched its Android application named SmartLink.
SmartLink Apps allows PTCL Broadband users to use the WiFi on their smartphone to make and receive landline calls. The application not only allows you to make high quality voice calls, it also allows you to engage in instant messaging and/or video calls with your SmartLink buddies. Apart from this you can also watch Smart TV channels on your smartphone using this application.
The app is currently available for users from following 5 cities: Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Faisalabad and Peshawar. Support for other cities will be added soon.
The application is available for free at Google Play Store. You can click here to download it. Once downloaded open the app and tap “Register”. You will be required to enter some basic details like Name, CNIC, PSTN #, Account ID, Email & Cell Number. Once you have fill the required details, they will be verified. You should expect a call from PTCL contact center within 24 hours to validate your subscription. Alternatively you can call 1236 for verification.
Some of the main features of the App are listed below.
• Enjoy free voice calls and video calls whenever and wherever you are
• Make unlimited Video Calls to SmartLink buddies
• Stay in touch with all your buddies through Instant Messaging and voice Calls to any landline or mobile
• Watch 150 PTCL Smart TV channels on your phone
• Now PIA flight enquiry is at your fingertips
• Now access your mobile contact directory for calls and messages
The application is free with no subscription and monthly charges.