As announced under the National Action Plan, it is mandatory for all mobile phone users to have their SIMs re-verified through biometric verification system. All unverified SIMs will get blocked after April 13th 2015.
If you aren’t sure about the verification status of your SIM, you can follow the below mentioned procedure to make sure your SIM doesn’t get blocked after the deadline.
- Check number of SIMs issued on your CNIC by texting your CNIC number (without dashes) to 668. You can also visit http://cnic.sims.pk and enter your CNIC to know the details.
- Telenor users can text their CNIC (without dashes) to 7751.
- Mobilink users can text their CNIC (without dashes) to 6001.
- Warid users can text their CNIC (without dashes) to 789.
- Ufone users can dial *336*1# to know the verification status of their SIM.
- Zong users can dial *6622# to know the verification status of their SIM.
- Send a blank text message to 667 to verify ownership of the SIM currently in use.
In case your SIM is still unverified, you should visit your nearest franchise or retailer of respective service provider to get your SIM verified.
Article Tags:biometric verification · mobilink · pta · telenor · Ufone · verify sim · Warid · Zong