Microsoft Office Online, the web version of the famous productivity suite, comprises of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote. In response to the valuable feedback shared by its users, the Office team is rolling out updates in response and improving the Reading View, File Management & Editing Experience.
The quick rundown of recent improvements is as follows:
- Easier to Edit – It is now easier to navigate through most recent documents from the device or OneDrive, and it is now even faster to open a blank document or a template. The experience is now more in line with the desktop or mobile versions of the software.
- Add files to OneDrive from toolbar – You can now make copies of documents that are view-only (can’t edit) that will get saved to your OneDrive with a new command available in the toolbar.
- More options to save and manage files – The Save As option has been updated allowing users to save a copy to their OneDrive, Rename, Download a Copy or Download as PDF.
- Enhanced Reading Experience – In Reading View, users can easily navigate on the toolbar for commands such as Edit, Print, Share and Comment.
- Improved Proofreading Tools – Highlighted word count feature has been added. The proofreading service has also been improved.
Source: Office Blog