I recently started having issues that I was even unable to use Microsoft Excel as it would keep on hanging something I never faced prior to installing OSX Yosemite so I decided to reinstall OSX. I thought I would try to share my experience so other who might want to do the same. The process is quite easy.
- First of all copy all your data to external hard drive so that you have a backup to restore from
- Once you have backed up, choose Apple Menu and click Restart. While your computer restarts press Command (⌘) and R keys and hold it like that.
- Select “Disk Utility” and then click Continue.
- Select your start up disk from the list on the left, and the click the Erase tab.
- From the Format pop-up menu, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled), type a name for your disk and then click Erase.
- After the disk has erased, choose Disk Utility and click Quit Disk Utility.
- Make sure you are connected to Wifi.
- Select Reinstall Mac OS X, click Continue for further instructions.
- Select your start up disk which you just formatted in Step # 5.
- After a few clicks, the Mac OS X will start to download. Once it has downloaded it will install and you are all done.
Image Source: Curvve
Article Tags:format osx · mac osx · reinstall osx