There are so many different scenarios and situation when you wish you knew how to convert your favorite video file to MP3. Well today I am going to give a quick over view on how to do that to help you in those situations.
There are two kind of possible scenarios:
1) You have your favorite video hosted on a famous video sharing file like Youtube
There are a couple of websites out there which will help you achieve this objective. But I particularly like vidtomp3.com. It is easy to use.
Just paste the link to your favorite video and watch the website do its magic. Once it has converted the file for you, it will ask you to click to download. And that is pretty much it.
2) You have a video on your computer
There are a couple of open-source softwares out there which can help you complete this task. But for the purpose of this article I will be focusing on Avidemux. Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
For the purpose of illustration I have downloaded the Mac OS X version.
Once you have installed the software, follow these steps.
1) Click File > Open, or use the quick menu and click on the extreme left icon shown in the image above.
3) The software will provide you a list of Audio Outputs in which it can save the file for you. For the purpose of this tutorial we will select MP3.
4) You click on configure to enhance the quality of the output file.
5) Once you are done with your settings click on Audio in the top bar, and click on Save Audio. It will ask you for the destination folder. Select that and you are all done.